Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Who are these people?

I always hear about people who say that they do not believe in Christianity because the basic premise is that we are all imperfect and not good enough for God without His forgiveness and these people do not believe that they are not good enough, so they reject Christianity.

I find myself wondering, who are these people??

I do not know a single person, including myself, who feels “good enough.” I do not know a single person who does not feel bad about something they did or are doing, something they said, something they didn’t say, the way they acted, the way they treat others, who they’ve slept with, who they’ve hurt, the list goes on.

Who are these people who feel like they are just fine the way they are?

For the rest of us, those who struggle to accept the mistakes we have made and continue to make, there is consolation in knowing that no matter what you have done, what you are doing, or what you will do, God knows about it all, down to the depths of your soul, and He still wants you.

In fact, if you were the only person willing to accept the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, the only one willing to accept His forgiveness, He would have still come to earth and died for you.

If you are anything like me, that is hard to believe. To this day, I still find it hard to believe that the same God who created the heavens and the earth finds me worthy of His love. But it is true.

I was so skeptical about Jesus because I was raised to distrust organized religion. God spoke to me through a song that I heard on Air 1 and I began to dig deeper. As I read information on-line and in books, including the Bible, God began to show himself to me in a variety of ways. It was just amazing.

The only thing more amazing is the freedom that comes with being forgiven for my sins. I feel like I got a new life. That must be what they mean by “born again.”

More amazing still is the relationship that I have with God now. I know that I can come to Him with my troubles and He will comfort me. He really is an amazing God.

If you find yourself longing for a relationship with Jesus, just ask Him now to come into your life. Accept His free gift to you – forgiveness. How much better will you feel knowing that everything you have done has been washed away?

You don’t have to do any special prayer, just talk to Him like you would a friend. He is always listening. Bear you heart to Him and He will heal you.

No comments: