Wednesday, July 19, 2006

An e-mail from God

In our typically busy lives, sometimes God gets squeezed out, even if for a short period of time. I love God. I think about Him all of the time, but sometimes I run out of hours in the day and find that I haven’t made any real time for Him – reflecting on His Word and spending time in prayer.

One great way to keep God’s Word in the forefront is to have a verse of the day e-mailed to your inbox. I always check my e-mail and the first one I see every morning is my “e-mail from God,” as I call it. It is like He is sending me words of wisdom and encouragement every morning.

I know that sounds cheesy, but I look forward to His e-mail each morning. I take a few moments – longer if I can – to think about how the verse speaks to my life.

There are many websites that offer this feature. I use air1.com.

Today’s verse is:
Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but to trust the Lord means safety.
Proverbs 29:25 NLT
In an increasingly busy world, it important for us to find creative ways to keep God’s Word at the forefront of our mind. Why not sign-up to receive His Word in your inbox every morning?

No comments: