Thursday, May 18, 2006

If it's good enought for Blair, it's good enough for me

So often in my busy life, I do not make enough time for prayer. I feel bad, not because I think that I am disappointing God or that I will lose my place in heaven, but because I need Him and I want to take the time to talk to Him, to praise Him, and to ask for His help with my troubles. I need to lean on God when I am struggling with my day-to-day life, but it is so often those struggles that keep me from making the time for Him.

The other day I got the book, The Busy Mom’s Guide to Prayer, by Lisa Whelchel, who played Blair Warner on “The Facts of Life.” In it she describes how she overcame this problem by making a journal of prayer notes – things she wanted to pray for – and became a prayer warrior my taking small bits of time to pay for these matters. The book is a journal with lots of scripture and prayer prompts divided into categories for each day. There is also plenty of room to write down your own notes and prayers.

Busyness is one of the tools that the Evil One uses to keep us distant from God. We need Him and He wants us, but the Evil One does everything he can to keep us apart. This book, or your own prayer notebook or journal, is a great tool to keep yourself on track with your prayerful relationship with God.

No comments: